Latest Video

Monday, November 1, 2010

I shouldn't be compared with Dravid: Pujara


Cheteshwar Pujara

NEW DELHI: Cheteshwar Pujara is distinctly uncomfortable when compared to Rahul Dravid and the Saurashtra run-machine says he is not in a hurry to realise his childhood dream of making it to the national team.

Pujara's perfect temperament, classic technique and penchant for marathon knocks drew parallel with Dravid but the 21-year old batsman insists it's way too premature.

"I don't think I should be compared with Dravid who has so much of international experience under him, while I am yet to play international cricket," a coy Pujara said.

Despite his loads of runs in domestic cricket, Pujara's wait for India cap has not materialised yet but the youngster said he was not losing patience.

"I don't know what people say. My job is to score runs and I give my best whether playing for my club or state. I know selectors are watching if I am scoring runs," he said.

"Like every other cricketer, I also think of playing for India. If I am good enough, my time will come," he said, with confidence.

Back in business after a freak injury during a practice match before the second Indian Premier League kept him out of the action since April and he slammed a double century in his comeback match which has done a world of good to his confidence.

"I just did nets before playing the match. It was a little difficult when I started batting. I was very anxious to score my first runs, I was very conscious about my batting. It was really tough as after the operation, I did not play any club or practice matches.

"But after spending 15-20 minutes at the crease, I could push myself. I was able to bat the way I did last season, though it was a difficult physically. After getting the rhythm, it was easy scoring. The double gave me immense confidence," Pujara said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/domestic-cricket/ranji-trophy/I-shouldnt-be-compared-with-Dravid-Pujara/articleshow/5314513.cms

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More